Author Topic: Hostile Henchmen in Cania  (Read 1419 times)

Legacy_Pookieroo

Hostile Henchmen in Cania
« on: July 27, 2010, 02:09:25 pm »

Okay, big problem here.  I left my friend Valen behind at the gatehouse and went travelling with Aribeth and Deekin.  I returned to the gatehouse ready to return home (I even had a new weapon for Valen and found him attacking the Reaper - not damaging him just hostile.  I can't talk to him he is hostile and he attacks my team the moment he spots us.  I am forced to fight back and we get him all the way to near death and then he just wont die.  He must have 5000000+ hp!  I can't talk to the Reaper because of the attacks.   This hostile state started the moment I dropped him from the squad and took on Aribeth.  He said he would return and wait for me where we first met ie: the gatehouse.  The same happened with Deekin and I had to go back to a previous save and keep him in the team.  I have Valen's name - thought this might solve my problem but how on earth can I use it if I am not given a chance to speak!  I ask you with tears in my eyes what the heck is going on and how can I solve this!'Posted

Legacy_Pookieroo

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:27:49 pm »

Okay I managed to get my henchmen to fight him while I spoke to the Reaper and then we left for Toril with Valen raining blows to our back.  Not the kind of exit I had planned but at least I managed to finish the game.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:49:29 pm »

I'm happy to read you still managed to finish up even with the faction bug in effect. It must have been somewhat annoying for you.':pinched:'

I am going to ask what may amount to obvious, stupid questions, but yet in an attempt to isolate the cause, here goes:

Where are you dispatching your henchmen, in the Reaper Realm or elsewhere? If "elsewhere", where exactly?
Do you always dispatch one before asking another to join? (I am assuming your party is full with 2 pals, in this case)
Is there any chance you may have injured a neutral NPC along the way?  (This includes rats, pilgrims, quarry workers, etc.)
Is Chapter 3 the only module where you experienced the henchman faction bug?

I've read a lot about the factions changing in the legacy forum but never have figured out the actual source(s). It would be very handy to compile a list of these causes so others could avoid them and enjoy the game from beginning to end.

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 03:23:47 pm »

I had that same problem in the OCs. What HipMaestro said. I'm a big henchies switcher and used to jump from one to another in one single click... without even saying bye bye through the radial menu, as it's supposed and meant to work by the way...
NWN taught me to be polite, among many other things.
I'm a good boy now.
(I never had that probleme outside the OCs... I think.)

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 29 juillet 2010 - 02:30 .