Author Topic: Looking for help with an action hack&slash loot epic PW module  (Read 2444 times)

Legacy_Shadooow

So what is this about.

I was working on this PW called Arkhalia. It was action server in czech language. It wasn't very popular but I preffered it over HG/DeX/BadLands and so I decided to help them improve it and become WB.

Things didn't went so smoothly, server had some hosting issue and there were some conflict in DM team which forced me to leave. As I expected without me new DM made terrible choices, gave hosting of the module to the wrong hand and right now nobody plays there.

I was observating the situation and its been a half a year it is in this state.

So I decided I will resurrect this module.

First thing will be translating. This is quite a huge task, but after all its hack&slash module so it won't be that big problem.

Second, the module was hosted on linux and Im currently changing scripts and database to work in windows using my own plugins.

Third, I intent to use this module as a testing ground for community patch 1.72 and nwnx_patch/nwncx_patch. Arkhalia was using 1.71 before and has only few class/spell/feat changes so this will be fairly easy.

Right now. I need experienced builders/scripters or even players who:

- are interested in epic action hack&slash loot module

- are interested in learning new things

- have new original ideas how to improve this module.

At this moment, the module is basically finished and all I need to do is to translate it to english and run it. However, since this will be a new start (no old characters allowed for old players), I plan to take the opportunity to make some exprimental changes.

To do this I would need peoples who are experienced with this sort of module or various scripting systems, namely: itemproperty forges, random itemproperty loot, legendary levels, monster scaling/randomization, player housing, etc.

Currently the module offers:

- fast 1-40 levelling and very minor respawn penalties

- bind stones system

- loot in treasures

- multiple cities with teleportating wands to get there fast

- legendary levels

- new types of ioun stones

- persistent player2player shop

- achievements

- some sort of itemproperty crafting

- socket/gem system

- assembling system (ie. combine 4x boots +4constitution into boots +5con)

- additional currencies (boss creatureas are dropping copper coins that can be used to buy better items/item imrpovements)

- and mainly very well designed dungeons and monsters

Currently intent to add:

- faction (pvp) support and city possession

- possibly random items loot (currently loot is pre-designed manually for each dungeon)

- some sort of crafting

- 3.5 style of epic spells with possibly new epic spells

- some balance changes to improve previously very underrated classes

- in future new prestige classes/races hopefully

Legacy_icywind1980

Looking for help with an action hack&slash loot epic PW module
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 07:55:18 am »

Will there be any quests, or is it all just go out and kill stuff? Are there any disallowed classes or class combinations or feats? I have been looking for a good action server for a while now, and find that my time zone makes it very hard to find players on when I am. Will it be possible to solo here?

Legacy_Shadooow

Looking for help with an action hack&slash loot epic PW module
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 04:15:09 pm »

Will there be any quests, or is it all just go out and kill stuff? Are there any disallowed classes or class combinations or feats? I have been looking for a good action server for a while now, and find that my time zone makes it very hard to find players on when I am. Will it be possible to solo here?

Quests were never a domain of this module, there are maybe 6 classic quests on lower levels. But there is a large set of quests called "The Title" where you are completig quests to get a new Title (ie Squirell, Yeoman, Knight, Lord etc.) where each title gives you some extra advantages like better offer in store, discounts on stuff etc. Needless to say these quests are designed in a way that you need a lot of patience. Many players gave up because oh how annoying/boring some tasks were. Its not for everyone.

No disallowed classes but Pale Master used to change alignment to the lawful evil and this was not possible to change back which restricted or nerfed several combinations. I am however not sure whether I will keep this rule. No disallowed feats either.

And yes the module is designed with solo players in mind. There is a lot of content that you can achieve solo. Dungeons are actually divided to party and solo, but even some of the party dungeons can be finished solo if your character is powerful enough.

It will take me some time, a week at least to translate the module to the english though. Im atm looking for builders, if you are player you need to wait. The module is currently running in czech language (you can find it in NWN server list) but its in czech language and the original server is using quite retarded way of account securing so you need to register your cdkeys on web first - which for non-czech player is next to impossible. My module will use the standard - cdkey logged in first is cdkey you need to play this character - security approach.