Author Topic: Getting rid of the annoying cast-out animation for item activation  (Read 2269 times)

Legacy_Monsieur T

Getting rid of the annoying cast-out animation for item activation
« on: September 09, 2012, 01:30:22 am »

I know this has come up before here and there on the forums, and for what it is worth I have spent all day on the search engines and in the NWN Vault trying to get helpful info.
So, for the Last Time, does anyone have an ironclad method of nerfing the annoying "castout" animation that happens when a PC uses an Item's Unique Power?
This animation is extremely irritating to campaign players accessing (for example) a DMFI or HR Tools PC item, since it breaks in-game immersion.
Presumably the animation is called by the game engine by way of  tag-based scripting routines, but I do not have the know-how to deal with this.
If anyone could advise me as to a way of getting rid of this annoying animation, by way of feats, 2das, or other scripting, I would be enormously grateful.
I have tried removing "out" from spells.2da and have also tried an old DOA hak that adds a different "a_ba_casts" model (as well as rewritten spell.2da lines) but all to no avail.
Any info or pointers that you could give me will be very gratefully received.
As an apology in advance, I will also post this on the DM and Custom Content forums.
** hides and hopes no one gets very cross**
Seriously though, this wretched thing ought to be dealt with. After all, the community has done everything else!!
If this is an insoluable issue, then fair enough. I'll finally give up.
Thanks, all.

Legacy_Failed.Bard

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 04:04:33 am »

It can be bypassed completely using nwnx, the linux version of it for sure.  Other than that, it's just sloppy work-arounds possible, since the animation seems to be hard-coded in to play.

Legacy_DM_Vecna

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:59:42 am »

Can you post the NWNX plugin and function? Thanks Failed.Bard!

Legacy_Aelis Eine

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 02:27:04 am »

They shouldn't be items in the first place. Integrate them into the PC Tool feats.