Author Topic: Wizard vs Constructs advise please!  (Read 2699 times)

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

Wizard vs Constructs advise please!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »

<offering a little advice...>

What I did, if I recall correctly, is "magic weapon" and "flame weapon", with some good protection spells on and a series of summon creatures. Haste and protect your summons and give them something to work with.

Hit and run while summons slows them down. Something like that.

You might also research Webshaman's excellent Melee Mage build. If not for the build, then for the advice.

<...dredged from memory>

Modifié par Rolo Kipp, 09 mai 2012 - 08:53 .

Legacy_HoonDing

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 11:02:20 pm »

I eventually managed to pull it off with a combination of +3 crossbow, +3 bolts, True Strike scrolls and Dorna with Laughing blade.

Darn constructs. In BG they were very easy by just casting Lower resistance and magic missile sequencers.

Legacy_MrZork

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 10:56:23 pm »

You should be able to take down those golems with things you have found or can buy. They resist 10 points of all physical damage types, but it is not damage reduction, so any weapon (even non-magical) will damage them, so long as it can do 11+ damage. As noted, Flame Weapon is a real killer against these guys (and generally a formidable spell, even for non-melee mages, as it also buffs familiars) as they have no specific immunity to elemental damage.

The golems are also immune to level 4 or lower spells, but you can take them with higher level spells (e.g. Firebrand) either self-cast or from an item (like scrolls or the spellstaff and runestone - both highly recommended items to get from the previous chapter). And, Ashtara sells some level five scrolls, though they are in limited supply (e.g. one Firebrand and one Cone of Cold).

Legacy_Vampir Drache

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 06:24:08 pm »

The weapon I used was a halbard that I had improved in the original NWN campaign. I can't remember the name that was given to the halbard, but it was improved from a +3halbard to a +4halbard.
After using the ring, I attacked with my halbard, faire-dragon familiar, summoned creature, and Dorna. Can't remember what level summoned creature I used.  When I tried to install Hotu, it failed and corrupted the game. I haven't been able to play for the last 4 months or so.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 12:05:43 am »

One extra tip against constructs: eyeball familiar is very effective against them as well as his bolts will penetrate constructs' immunity

Legacy_Niemroth

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 08:12:57 pm »

There is a "Ring of Golem Control" in Chapter 2. I think it's in the room with the butler-construct of the creator of the golems. With the ring you can disable the constructs and reduce their hitpoints to 1p. To harm the golems with magic you need at least level 5 spells (cone of cold, firebrand, cloudkill etc.)