Author Topic: Bomb Beasts - Just 3 Questions (for now anyway...)  (Read 2505 times)

Legacy_Tarot Redhand

Bomb Beasts - Just 3 Questions (for now anyway...)
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:34:30 pm »

First a quick thank you to all those that have recently helped me, the result of which has been sent to AD as addendum to the September ccc (page containing the post detailing it).

Now on to the questions. As you may know I am in the process of getting the Bomb Beasts (that were part of the June 2013 ccc) to work as I described them. Now one of them can only be hit by blunt weapons and another only by edged. Now I can probably figure out how to do these myself (using the OnPhysicallyAttacked event) but I figured that surely, because these are reasonably common special defences, someone has already written the code to do this. So my first 2 questions are

1. Do you know of already existing script to make a creature only able to be hit by blunt weapons? 

3. Do you know of already existing script to make a creature only able to be hit by edged weapons? 

The third question may be more tricky, as Bomb Beasts do not use weapons and have neither teeth or claws. There is one them however that can cause physical (bludgeoning to be exact) damage. So my final question (for now anyway) is

3.  Is there a way to cause damage in the way I have just described given the restrictions I have mentioned. If there is can you be quite specific as I haven't got a clue on this last one.

Thanks for any responses.

TR

Legacy__Guile

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 06:04:05 pm »

I'm thinking you will need to make a custom OnDamaged Event Script (or OnAttacked or OnSpellCastAt, but those only works if the creature is actually damaged), a quick fix is to simply heal all damage dealt...

As far as having the weaponless creature deal bludg. dmg, just put a custom damage shield on them via scripting? (OnSpawn)

Legacy__Guile

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 06:04:11 pm »

Double post, sorry.

Legacy_Tarot Redhand

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 11:43:21 pm »

Don't worry about the double post. This is a doubled thread 'cos this site is getting a bit flaky. I am not the only one to experience the cloning of a thread that I started. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

TR