Author Topic: Special Ability  (Read 7863 times)

Legacy_GhostOfGod

Special Ability
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 01:15:04 am »

ShaDoOoW wrote...

...someone else would found it out already after all its 10years old game.

Not necessarily. People are still finding out new stuff after all this time. social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/192/index/8147590

It doesn't hurt to poke around and try to find new ways to do stuff. Or even revisit old ways to see if something has changed.

Just my 2 cents.

Legacy_WhiZard

Special Ability
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 01:18:01 am »

ShaDoOoW wrote...

I told you. Its not so easy, if it would someone else would found it out already after all its 10years old game. You are not the first one who had this idea with local variables, Im pretty sure that Primogenitor original founder of PRC and the first who found out mappins was also looking for something like caster level.

Well if you want the final word on the subject, there is still the Module Local Variables to test.  Other than that it can't be adjusted by standard scripting.

Legacy_Shadooow

Special Ability
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 08:19:58 am »

GhostOfGod wrote...

ShaDoOoW wrote...

...someone else would found it out already after all its 10years old game.

Not necessarily. People are still finding out new stuff after all this time. social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/192/index/8147590

It doesn't hurt to poke around and try to find new ways to do stuff. Or even revisit old ways to see if something has changed.

Just my 2 cents.

Of course they do, but this is a bit different than local variables on object.

BTW module variables can be easily checked via save game WhiZard.

Legacy_WhiZard

Special Ability
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 01:59:30 pm »

ShaDoOoW wrote...

BTW module variables can be easily checked via save game WhiZard.

They could also be deleted on saving.  When you load a save game your caster level is back to zero.

Legacy_WhiZard

Special Ability
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 02:01:01 pm »

The way to effectively test for module variables is to loop through the active module variables while in game before and after casting a spell that would change caster level just as failed bard did with PC locals, and how I did for databases.  Unfortunately, without NwNx, I do not have access to these commands.

Modifié par WhiZard, 26 août 2011 - 01:03 .

Legacy_Failed.Bard

Special Ability
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 02:20:04 pm »

It might be stored in temporarily in CombatRoundData [UserDefinedStruct: 51930], which is empty when the saved bic is viewed, but I have no idea how to get a list of struct components in game via script to see what, if anything, gets inserted there.

Legacy_WhiZard

Special Ability
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 04:12:38 am »

Failed.Bard wrote...

It might be stored in temporarily in CombatRoundData [UserDefinedStruct: 51930], which is empty when the saved bic is viewed, but I have no idea how to get a list of struct components in game via script to see what, if anything, gets inserted there.

A struct might not be able to be changed in such a way that later callings would reflect the change.  Can there be verification of a module local variables not being affected, as that is the last certain realm of direct modification?