Author Topic: Keep track of item being given by DM ?  (Read 1402 times)

Legacy_paradogz

Keep track of item being given by DM ?
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:49:08 pm »

Got a module running on the fairly old NWN FF, as we are about to be the only French server, we are excepting a fairly good amount of players and I need to recruit some MD.

It is fairly known that French are cheaters (lol) that includes MDs, is there a way to prevent MD from giving item or tracking in the BDD a record of what has been given ?

Thanks guys

Legacy_KMdS!

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:41:25 am »

hehe, I still use FF's old system though I have modded it a bit. It will require a bit of work to track dm "gifts"....If a dm takes an item from thier inventory and puts it in a players inv, you may be able top use event scripts to track who gave it to the pc by using the aquire/unaquire events. It the dm creates items from the pallete that would be more difficult. You may be able to place a local on every object that gets created on spawns and such and check on aquire if the object is valid, destroy if not....Anyway, I will think on it....

Legacy_paradogz

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 06:34:03 am »

Thanks a lot

Legacy_KMdS!

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 07:10:46 am »

As long as you can trust your coding person you should be able to run a tight ship as most if not all the security will have to be created in code for the server.