Author Topic: Map question  (Read 1323 times)

Legacy_Quevy

Map question
« on: July 14, 2016, 04:46:09 pm »

I know that you can make visible the entire map of the area where a character has an entrance object in it, you can do the opposite? If a character reveals the whole map can receive an object in the inventory?

Legacy_Asymmetric

Map question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 05:24:41 pm »

You can use the function ExploreAreaForPlayer() for both.

ExploreAreaForPlayer(oArea, oPC, True); // will reveal the whole map

ExploreAreaForPlayer(oArea, oPC, False); // will hide the whole map

Legacy_Quevy

Map question
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 05:48:48 pm »

Thanks for the answer, I knew the two functions.

My question is different, there is a control that do perform other actions script only if the entire map area is completely revealed?

Legacy_meaglyn

Map question
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 06:07:32 pm »

No, not that I'm aware of.  What I did to achieve the effect of knowing the PC had explored the entire area was create a system of waypoints in the area each with an area of effect on it. When the PC had entered X different AOEs on the map it was considered explored, where X is a function of area size and how you define completely.   OnEnter of the Xth AOE you can do any extra scripting like giving your item.  It's all automatic except placing the waypoints and defining X.  You would probably not want to do such a thing for every area though. I use it for specific challenge areas (some dungeons, monster infested wildernesses etc).   I had at one point thought about packaging it up as a release but that has not happened...

Legacy_Quevy

Map question
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 06:28:37 pm »

Thank you for your explanation, I just capiso nothing script but I like to think.

I read a little fun and now I have the confirmation that what I was looking there, I had already planned an alternative system to do what, 5 or 6 trigger scattered in the area, when a character passes over sect a variable and checks whether other triggers the area have, in the positive case creates the object.

Your system is probably the easiest.

Thank you