Author Topic: PW Crash problems  (Read 1141 times)

Legacy_SHOVA

PW Crash problems
« on: June 20, 2016, 10:42:05 pm »

If a PW crashes, and rolls the player characters back to a earlier instance, what would be the most common reason for the roll back? I am hoping that some who are more familiar with the mechanics of PW running can help figure this out- My PW doesn't have the above issue, while another that I sometimes play on does, and it seems to happen quite frequently.

Legacy_Shadooow

PW Crash problems
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 10:59:54 pm »

if rollback is happening, then there is missing automatic character saving mechanism, without that (usually done every 2-5minutes) character will get saved only when logging out of server basically

another option is a save character command/item tool but with an automatic saving mechanism this is needless really

Legacy_KMdS!

PW Crash problems
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:35:37 am »

Actually, there is no built in BW save code on pw's, so unless the code in the mod has a save mechanism buiit into the mod by its creators/administrators/scriptors, there is no saving other than on PC exit of the mod. It is good practice to build in a save mechanism into pw's and every multiplayer mod I have seen has some sort of mechanism coded to save players at set or random intervals or a pc use tool.