Author Topic: New to Scripting; Issues with adapting the Infinite Desert Spawn scripts  (Read 1002 times)

Legacy_tenor_general

Hey all,

I'm trying to get the x0_i0_infdesert spawn script to work, and am coming up empty.  At first glance, it seemed like a very good way to set up a system of random encounters that actually spawn groups of similar creatures rather than just clones of creatures, but when using the scripts included, I get errors trying to compile it, with unknown functions and unknown constants.

Would you guys suggest I try to create a system of my own, or am I just being dense and missing something fairly obvious?

Thanks for any advice.

Legacy_3RavensMore

New to Scripting; Issues with adapting the Infinite Desert Spawn scripts
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 04:06:38 pm »

I can't give you advice on what you want to accomplish, but I can tell you that x0_i0_infdesert and an include file for x0_i0_infinite.  You must compile x0_i0_infinite and it will in turn compile x0_i0_infdesert.  Any other script that includes x0_i0_infdesert will also need to be recompiled each time you change x0_i0_infdesert.

Here's the NWN Lexicon specifics on #includes: http://www.nwnlexico...p?title=Include

Baaleos

• Administrator
New to Scripting; Issues with adapting the Infinite Desert Spawn scripts
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 04:33:44 pm »

Assuming you are using the include file properly, you should compile the script that uses the include file - not the include file itself.

When in doubt - use the Build -> Compile all scripts option from your modules build menu. This will automatically build all scripts and includes as needed.

Assuming you are using the #include "script_name"  in the header of your script.