Author Topic: Merchant inventory  (Read 361 times)

Legacy_Terrorble

Merchant inventory
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:59:14 am »

How do I add/remove items from a merchant inventory via scripting?  I am assuming it is done via the OnOpenStore and OnStoreClosed events, but I guess I do not know which functions to use.

I have already created the merchant in the toolset, associated it with an NPC, and it opens and has the regular junk I set it up to have in it.  Now, I'd like to occasionally have it add other items depending on certain factors.  Do I use CreateItemOnObject()?  Or if I want to remove something: cycle thru the store's inventory to find what I want to remove?  Do those things work for merchants?

Legacy_Xardex

Merchant inventory
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:09 am »

They should work assuming the target has an inventory, though I have never tried to use them with merchants... Why not just test it out yourself?

Modifié par Xardex, 12 septembre 2011 - 08:27 .

Legacy__Guile

Merchant inventory
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 04:51:28 pm »

Use this function..

object CreateItemOnObject(
    string sItemTemplate,
    object oTarget = OBJECT_SELF,
    int nStackSize = 1,
    string sNewTag = ""
);

Modifié par _Guile, 12 septembre 2011 - 03:54 .

Legacy_Lightfoot8

Merchant inventory
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 09:09:14 pm »

Terrorble wrote...

How do I add/remove items from a merchant inventory via scripting?  I am assuming it is done via the OnOpenStore and OnStoreClosed events, but I guess I do not know which functions to use.

I have already created the merchant in the toolset, associated it with an NPC, and it opens and has the regular junk I set it up to have in it.  Now, I'd like to occasionally have it add other items depending on certain factors.  Do I use CreateItemOnObject()?  Or if I want to remove something: cycle thru the store's inventory to find what I want to remove?  Do those things work for merchants?

Yes,  those things work for merchants.