Author Topic: Can ActionCastFakeSpell be countered?  (Read 1891 times)

Legacy_Pstemarie

Can ActionCastFakeSpell be countered?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 10:11:21 am »

WhiZard wrote...

Pstemarie wrote...
Since counterspelling is powered by the OnSpellCastAt Event, if ActionCastFakeSpell...does not signal that event to fire then the counter will never be made.

Not powered by OnSpellCastAt event.  Though I have just tested and fake spells cannot be countered, though ShadOoOw does seem to have the correct solution, if mimicking counterspells is what is being attempted.

I wonder what triggers it then. I had assumed it was the OnSpellCastAtEvent - something hard-coded, but I if I understand correctly what I've read in the Lexicon and wiki, that event is triggered only from the SignalEvent function? Now I'm really confused 'Image

Legacy_WhiZard

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 04:05:59 pm »

Pstemarie wrote...

WhiZard wrote...

Pstemarie wrote...
Since counterspelling is powered by the OnSpellCastAt Event, if ActionCastFakeSpell...does not signal that event to fire then the counter will never be made.

Not powered by OnSpellCastAt event.  Though I have just tested and fake spells cannot be countered, though ShadOoOw does seem to have the correct solution, if mimicking counterspells is what is being attempted.

I wonder what triggers it then. I had assumed it was the OnSpellCastAtEvent - something hard-coded, but I if I understand correctly what I've read in the Lexicon and wiki, that event is triggered only from the SignalEvent function? Now I'm really confused 'Image

Likely whatever triggers the casting animation, also triggers the counterspell casting animations and the actual counterspell.

Modifié par WhiZard, 20 août 2011 - 03:06 .

Legacy_ffbj

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 03:40:00 am »

Why not just make them immune to everything and then they can cast real spells at each-other, and counter-spells but never get hurt. Like make them immune to all spells below a certain level and then just give them spells just below that level.  Cheesy and easy, but that would be my approach.So like just give them all amulets that make them immune to spells below a certain level, and just make sure they don't have any spells above that level.  Seems simple enough.

Modifié par ffbj, 22 août 2011 - 02:47 .

Legacy_WhiZard

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 07:33:20 pm »

ffbj wrote...

Why not just make them immune to everything and then they can cast real spells at each-other, and counter-spells but never get hurt. Like make them immune to all spells below a certain level and then just give them spells just below that level.  Cheesy and easy, but that would be my approach.So like just give them all amulets that make them immune to spells below a certain level, and just make sure they don't have any spells above that level.  Seems simple enough.

But a few, like grease and darkness can get through.  Protection from spells only works in so far as a spell resistance check is made and used to resist all effects.

But I would like more feedback from the OP insofar as how close to the automatic counterspelling does he/she wish to be.

Legacy_ffbj

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 01:56:45 am »

If you have immunity to all spells below a certain level would they still affect you?  It's not spell resistance it's no effect from spells below a certain level.  At least that would be my understanding.

Legacy_WhiZard

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »

ffbj wrote...

If you have immunity to all spells below a certain level would they still affect you?  It's not spell resistance it's no effect from spells below a certain level.  At least that would be my understanding.

Spell Immunity is only called by the ResistSpell() command.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 11:52:59 am »

Pstemarie wrote...

WhiZard wrote...

Pstemarie wrote...

Yea. WhiZard explained it correctly. SignalEvent has no effect on counterspelling which is completely hardcoded and cannot be altered without nwnx. Only SignalEvent effects are - making initiative check and strip invisibility/GS in case of hostile spell and triggering monsters AI/custom OnSpellCastAt script.