Author Topic: Getting a Walkable location?  (Read 1724 times)

Legacy_Axe_Murderer

Getting a Walkable location?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 09:49:26 am »

If it's only in one or two areas where you need this, you could paint down a bunch of triggers that delimit the 'bad' areas and test your generated loc to see if it falls within one of them...or vice-versa.

Modifié par Axe_Murderer, 06 juin 2011 - 08:52 .

Baaleos

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 09:52:54 am »

Greyfort wrote...

I agree with lightfoot, and funky...
A:) Generating random loc is very easy with Function - GetAreaSize, then create a creature at loc to check validity. annd follow funky way of copying and placeing objects.

the mention of nwnx_funct extender I had know Idea it GetGroundHeight & GetIsWalkable, the CalculateSafeLocation would be a nice function and make the above A:) even easyer I would enjoy a function like that. Rather then go through all the create a creature and check. I VOTE if you can do it V-Man Go For it, I will use it rather then the A:) meathod

I agree,
I do plan on using this method to generate the random locations in the area, but to further optimize it, I plan on storing the Locations Persistently, so that they do not need to be re-acquired via the spawning in of npc's.

It makes sense, if I am going to spawn in npc's which is a somewhat cpu intensive process, especially if done multiple times, that I should save the valid locations for re-use.

Baaleos

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 09:56:00 am »

Axe_Murderer wrote...

If it's only in one or two areas where you need this, you could paint down a bunch of triggers that delimit the 'bad' areas and test your generated loc to see if it falls within one of them...or vice-versa.

The Idea I have, is to simulate a multi-planar invasion, basically a rip off of 'Rift - Planes of Telaria'

Where there can be world events, where Planar Tears open, and out pours enemies of the specific rift element.

eg- Rift of Fire = Plane of Fire is invading.

I want to make the system capable of randomly choosing an area, save for the few designated city areas, and then starting the planar tear in the area, and then the Planar Tear will grow in size, and then become a fully fledged Rift.
(Server wide announcements would be generated, which would allow players to travel to the area, and participate in the event etc)

With the nwnx_areas plugin, I can then instance that area, to make an elemental copy of the area.

eg- Rift of Fire appears,  players could then cross over the rift, and enter a flaming version of the area they just left.

Some aspects of this would be similar to Oblivion, where you have to cross into the other plane, to destroy the gateway.

Modifié par Baaleos, 06 juin 2011 - 08:57 .