Author Topic: Wand Battles  (Read 759 times)

Baaleos

• Administrator
Wand Battles
« on: January 05, 2011, 11:49:46 am »

I've had this idea for a while, it came to me while I was in a Medically induced trance/trip caused by some Prescription Meds I am on. Lol

NWNX Provides nwnx_events - This allows us to capture the on Attack event for everything.

When I say on Attack, its actually the onClick event for clicking on a hostile creature - or something like that, not the actual attack itself.

So...

I had this idea.

Imagine if you could turn NWN into a less d&d Round Based game, and instead, could attack etc, with actual Mouse Clicks.

I had this idea for Making a Magic Wand... kinda like a Harry Potter style wand or something.

Equip it as Combat weapon.

The onAttack event fires when we click on our enemy.
The Event tells the Player to ClearAllActions (to stop them from moving to intercept the target)
Event then gets them to play an attack swing animation - IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Event then creates Projectile that flys from Player, to Target.

Rapid Clicking, and Mouse Bashing could actually save your life!!

Obviously, if such a system were to be made, it would be for the admin to define the rules for frequency of attacks and strength etc.

Im thinking of trying to impliment this with the MIRV  visual effect (Magic Missile).

Imagine if you were holding a Glowing Wand, you swing your arm, and voila, a Magic Missile appears, and tracks to the target, and then your custom Spell Effect takes effect.

Or maybe even swing your arm, and a Fireball Explosion appears at the target - Incendio!!!

Custom Spell Effects could be defined by the Wand that is used.
eg - Set via Locally Stored String on the Wand itself as Scripts to be executed.

Does anyone know if Attack Animations can be played via Script?
This idea is integral on being able to force an animation to occur outside of the normal Combat Round Rules.

Legacy_FunkySwerve

Wand Battles
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 09:26:03 pm »

The answer I've always seen on forums to this is 'no', though you might be able to devise a method via plugin.

Funky