Author Topic: New CEP2.2 Crafting / Treasure System  (Read 2043 times)

Legacy_Genisys

New CEP2.2 Crafting / Treasure System
« on: July 19, 2010, 06:11:47 pm »

I've revamped my old Crafting & Treasure Systems, making it more easy to use in an existing module.

I think you guys will love this system, it includes all the great systems, like Scarfaces Updated Systems & Mil's Tailoring, along with Mandragon's Work as wel.  My Enchanted Gems & Conversation Forge will be in there as well.

The system will include in game Appearance & Portrait Changing (Optional), Item Naming / Description Changing (In Color!), and a host of other great work I've been compiling for the last 2 years.  I've reworked the Omega Forge, to simply use Joe (The Item Property Removal Guy) &  the Gnoll who adds Spell Casting On Items, in a custom forge area.  With many many extra cool stuff for Builders to use..  (Like a persistent Editable DM Store - For Custom Items Made By DMs In Game to be sold to PCs at a special store.) 

Updated 7_27_2010  (Fixed some issues with the Forge)
http://www.mediafire...hjvcijb3c4myb97

NOTE: I did CEP2.2 because many players complained CEP2.3 is too hard to install.
(I'd agree considering it's actually missing CEP2.2 content! & you have to manually update it.)

TO THE CEP TEAM:  Please fix your sloppy CEP 2.3 Upload... (A self extracting executable would be great!)
(I've heard this complaint from quite a few players believe me)  (This is not a cutdown, it's a plea for better content)

Modifié par Genisys, 27 juillet 2010 - 06:32 .

Legacy_Genisys

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »

If you have any problems with the link I posted in the above post, let me know, I'll fix it, thanks..

Modifié par Genisys, 19 juillet 2010 - 09:49 .

Legacy_Knight_Shield

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 04:01:40 am »

Hey was just reading yuor post .I have 2.2 in the mod I am building. I have 2.3 in my game. Now when I open toolset I can place 2.3 items in the mod.

Question1. )   cep 2.3 takes out some 2.2 items and adds 2.3items?

Question2.)  Some people login in with 2.2 then try to go on map where an 2.3 item is placed and crash?

Question3.) Should I take 2.3 out of my game and not place any 2.3 items on my maps so basically go back to 2.2 for player friendly world?

Yuor thoughts on this are appreciated.'Posted

Legacy_Genisys

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 04:14:07 am »

1) Yes, that's what it does, and more

NOTE: If your module is CEP 2.2, then it's NOT CEP 2.3, you have to use the CEP 2.3 Custom Content (or use the CEP 2.3 Starter or Builder Module) in order for your module to be a CEP 2.3 Module.

2) CEP 2.3 is NOT backwards compatible with CEP 2.2

3) That would be a good idea, CEP 2.2 is more player friendly, like I stated above.

I'd definitely use CEP 2.2 only, that's what many players begged me to do, becuase they have tried repeatedly to update to 2.3 and were unable to. (Not everyone is proficient with files / folders / etc)

(TO THE FORUM HOSTERS:  Can you fix the fat stretched head Avatars?)

Modifié par Genisys, 20 juillet 2010 - 03:14 .

Legacy_Knight_Shield

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 04:24:04 am »

Thank you for yuor quick reply. So I will have to look in my mod and make sure I have no Cep 2.3 placesables .Then is there an easy way to go from 2.3 to 2.2 ?

Legacy_Genisys

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 06:23:32 am »

That's a TOUGH question, because, you could have edited areas to be 2.3, I don't know if you can reverse once you have stepped forward to a new CEP.  I've never done that, that's why I keep a backup of the OLD module. (Hint hint)

Legacy_Genisys

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 01:30:57 pm »

Has anyone had a chance to check out / test this system I made for the community?  If so, care to comment on it?

Legacy_Genisys

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 02:42:16 am »

I've updated this, made a few errors in the include, which are critical to the system..
Here is the updated version..

http://www.mediafire...hjvcijb3c4myb97

BTW, I'm reworking my CEP v2.2 / 1.69 Starter Module, which can either work offline or on a server, thanks to some tricky scripting, the whole module can be used by anyone. (Either offline players or Server Hosters / Builders)  It sure takes a big load off builders to use a good starter module, when I'm done with this, and everything is tested 100%, it's going to be worth using.

Need a few weeks to come up with documentation & tweak / test everything to ensure quality.

Modifié par Genisys, 27 juillet 2010 - 06:32 .

Legacy_omen_shepperd

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 05:32:46 am »

just got it today, will go over it and post my thoughts once finished.

Legacy_Genisys

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 04:04:59 pm »

I just updated this again, because I had some missing content & I changed the forge some, (Dealing with Bonus Spell Slots now limited 4 / item - Not Changeable)

If anyone runs into any errors I can fix them for you....

Legacy_420

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 06:47:57 pm »

Genisys wrote...

2) CEP 2.3 is NOT backwards compatible with CEP 2.2

Quick correction here. CEP 2.3 is backward compatible with CEP 2.2. You just need to have the CEP 2.2 .tlk file in your \\tlk folder.

Legacy_Genisys

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 03:32:43 am »

Your mis-interpreting what I'm saying, if you have installed and Used cep 2.3 to make your module, you can't just take it out and make it 2.2... that's what I mean by backwards compatible

Legacy_kalbaern

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 08:02:12 pm »

Genisys wrote...

Your mis-interpreting what I'm saying, if you have installed and Used cep 2.3 to make your module, you can't just take it out and make it 2.2... that's what I mean by backwards compatible

If you didn't use any CEP 2.3 appearances then you can just swap out the tlk and the tophak for the CEP 2.2 versions. Nothing is backwards compatible in your description though. The same analogy would go for just about any other haks that have multiple releases. Backwards compatible means you can download the latest CEP and it'll enable to to play a module that is 2.3, 2.2, 2.1 or 2.0. If you wish to create a 2.1 or a 2.2 module specifically, you simply just make sure you use the tophak and tlk file that correspond.

Legacy_Genisys

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 07:59:13 pm »

Has anyone had a chance to check out the system?  "Comment Anyone?"

BTW, I'm gonna redo the script to only check # of items in the container one time, by setting a variable on the module treasure boxs, this will cut lag down tremendously, I should have done this before...

I'll update this as soon as I get some comments..

Modifié par Genisys, 31 juillet 2010 - 07:00 .

Legacy_Knight_Shield

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 10:21:06 pm »

You need a craft system tester as in use it and give an opinion or someone who knows scripting.I will help you test it but I am not a scripter.